Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Why was it Removed?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    i think you are taking that a little too seriously
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    What ever happened to freedom of speech?

  3. #33
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    A lot of posters on this board need to go visit other sports boards. I frequently visit the Maryland/Redskins/Reds boards and it's totally different. More liberal speech is allowed but if your just an outright moron as in not searching for topics, personally attacking players, etc is not allowed at all. The Reds board is even broke up into the civil and non civil posters.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member VolDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2007
    Posts
    423
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    Lord knows if Tennessee would have lost, noone would have ribbed the UT faithful on here. GEEZ

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    I'm used to that, because UT has taken their fair share of lumps. I'm not talking about that at all. If the references to Coach Beamer's facial features were in jest, then it is in poor taste. Of course, I'm used to the "Pumpkin Phil" comments also...[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #36
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    I took it off this morning. I had a complaint, and I didn't see any need to warn the person involved. So, I said I'll take it off and start the thread all over again, I just never got around to it. But to everyone's delight, a Kansas vs Chokies thread is up again.. enjoy..

  7. #37
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    Oh, Lord!! I don't believe it!! A mod finally owned up to doing something. But I didn't see what anyone could have complained about, except that maybe they couldn't take the fact that Beamer and company got outcoached AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #38
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just think it funny that when ever the heat gets too hot for the chokie fans, certain mods feel it is in the best interest of the board to delete the threads. </div></div>

    Curious what mods you're talking about? Always find it funny when people will sit on a board and see people cussing posters and never say a word to the person doing it, but let a mod do something they don't like and they complain to the high heavens.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    the thread was deleted because someone said something to the extent "we see how far "we will prevail" went". Yes, there is freedom of speech, but some believe that took it too far, since that is in relation to the speech given about the deaths at Virginia Tech

  10. #40
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why was it Removed?

    That was a copied catch phrase anyway by the lady at Tech. Its not like that pertains to VT only.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •